Aims and Principles
Equal Opportunity Tasmania aims to foster a society free of discrimination, prejudice, bias and prohibited conduct by administering the Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 (Tas):
- With integrity and impartiality;
- Effectively and efficiently;
- Professionally; and
- In accordance with our legal obligations.
To achieve public confidence in our role and functions, we strive to:
- Deliver high standards of professional services;
- Operate in a collaborative manner;
- Build and foster relationships with key stakeholders;
- Ensure transparency, fairness and confidentiality in complaint-handling processes;
- Engage community and key stakeholder participation through our training, education and development programs; and
- Contribute toward the development and implementation of policies, practices and procedures on matters relating to discrimination and prohibited conduct.